The wonderful “Brain Pickings” site has reviewed Alex Cornell’s book “BREAK THROUGH! 90 proven strategies to overcome creative block and Spark your imagination.”
Alex has interviewed some people that I am hanging out to find out more about. I’m going to buy this book.Not to overcome block but to be inspired.
Here are the top ten from the book;
- Get enough sleep! Sleep is the best (and easiest) creative aphrodisiac.
- Read as much as you can, particularly classics. If a master of words can’t inspire you, see number 3.
- Colour code your library. That is fun, and you will realize how many great books you have that you haven’t read yet.
- More sleep! You can never get enough.
- Force yourself to procrastinate. Works every time!
- Look at the work of Tibor Kalman, Marian Bantjes, Jessica Hische, Christoph Niemann, and Paul Sahre.
- Weep. And then week some more.
- Surf the Web. Write inane tweets. Check out your high school friends on Facebook. Feel smug.
- Watch Law & Order: SVU marathons. Revel in the ferocious beauty of Olivia Benson.
- Remember how L-U-C-K-Y you are to be a creative person to begin with and quit your bellyaching. Get to work now!